Applications have now closed. Outcomes will be notified by Wednesday 7 December.
About the opportunity
Arts House and the Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA) are delighted to invite Melbourne-based visual artists working with forms of digital art and ideas to apply for a new creative development opportunity. This opportunity supports artists working in digital mediums and/or with emerging technologies to research, develop and create new work.
We have an expansive approach to the term ‘digital’, including but not limited to moving image, creative technology, gaming, virtual reality, data mapping, sound, post-internet practices and a constellation of other methods. We are open to artists who may not have a digital practice but want to use digital tooling as an expanded way of experimenting with or translating ideas.
This opportunity coincides with our investment in future digital practices. ACCA is developing a new Digital Wing and Arts House are co-producers of BLEED (Biennial Live Event in the Everyday Digital) with a range of interstate and international partners.
Arts House and ACCA will work in collaboration to provide support to the successful candidate through:
What will Arts House do?
- Up to $20,000 fee contribution
- Between two and five weeks dedicated studio time
- Technical equipment and production support
- Creative producing support where appropriate
- Collective workshopping and gathering moments hosted by artistic peers and cultural leaders
- Follow-up artist care session post-development with a QTPOC counsellor
What will ACCA do?
- A program of professional development through curatorial mentorship and project guidance
- Network building through ACCA’s curatorial and artistic communities
- An opportunity to share practice through an artist talk or public program
- Engagement opportunities through ACCA’s new Digital Wing
- Touchpoints with a digital strategist/designer/producer on logistical and technical development of the work
- Applications open: Thursday 16 October
- Applications close: Thursday 20 October, 5pm
- Notification of selected artists: Wednesday 7 December
About Arts House and CultureLAB:
Arts House is a creative home nourishing artists’ agency and ambition. We develop and present new work in all forms, with an explicit interest in interdisciplinary practice, community engagement and art that interrogates urgent questions of our time.
Arts House blurs boundaries between artist and citizen, audiences and publics, place and space, history and futurity, local and global, human and nature. Housed in a civic space, we understand art and culture as a catalyst toward a society where there is an inherent interdependence between self and other
Arts House is a key project for the City of Melbourne, complementing programming at sister venues Artplay and SIGNAL, at the city’s First Nations festival YIRRAMBOI and in our libraries and hubs.
CultureLAB is a creative development program that supports independent artists, collectives, and small-medium organisations to generate new work. CultureLAB is one of the pathways through which Arts House commissions work presentation seasons. This year Arts House is extending this model with ACCA, Basement Theatre Aotearoa, BlakDance and Western Edge.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the video recording of our online information session held on Tuesday 27 September, 4pm.
If you have read our documents and attended the Information Session, but still have questions, please contact:
Arts House Program Manager
0447 570 178 (text only)
(03) 9322 3720
ACCA Curator, Public Programs and Publications
(03) 9697 9999