For Us By Us is a session devoted to the professional development of Indigenous artists and curators. In the company of Indigenous practitioners Paola Balla, Hannah Donnelly, Léuli Eshraghi and Kimberley Moulton this is an opportunity for local and global First Nations participants to engage in critical reflection, think collectively, give each other feedback, share insights and consider the following questions:
• How do we collectively articulate and develop our work?
• What examples inspire us when thinking about Indigenous curatorial practices?
• What examples inspire us when thinking about institutional practices and cultural knowledge transmission?
• How do we critique Indigenous curatorial practice?
• How to encourage professional development for First Nations artists, curators and cultural practitioners?
Please note: This session creates a space devoted to local and global First Nations participants. Young people, among others, are encouraged to attend. Enquiries are invited.
Paola Balla is a Wemba-Wemba and Gunditjmara artist, curator, speaker, educator and cultural producer of Italian and Chinese heritage.
Hannah Donnelly is a Wiradjuri writer, producer and the creator of Sovereign Trax.
Léuli Eshraghi is a Sāmoan and Persian artist, curator, writer, MADA PhD candidate, and an uninvited guest in unceded Kulin Nation territory.
Kimberley Moulton is a Yorta Yorta curator and writer and the Senior Curator, South Eastern Aboriginal Collections, Museums Victoria.