To celebrate Mexico City and ACCA’s current exhibition, Dwelling Poetically: Mexico City, a case study, boutique travel specialists and ACCA partners, Abercrombie & Kent are offering you the chance to win an unforgettable 10-day experience for two on their 2018 Day of the Dead Festival small group hosted journey (27 October–5 November 2018), taking in Mexico City, Oaxaca and Mexico’s renowned Day of the Dead celebrations.
Please note, this prize does not include international flights. Terms and conditions apply.
Enter online before 24 June 2018. You’ll need to tell Abercrombie & Kent:
- The top 3 cultural experiences or institutions you can’t live without seeing in Mexico and why (800 characters or less)
- Your favourite work in Dwelling Poetically: Mexico City, a case study and why (500 characters or less)
If you want to see Mexico at its vibrant best then be there to celebrate the Day of the Dead. There’s nothing morbid about this festival, it’s all about celebrating the departed with colourful pageants, vibrant shrines, street parties, home altars and markets full of intricately decorated sugar skulls and animated papier-mâché skeletons. This journey focuses on the festivities in Oaxaca with a variety of different activities included over the five day celebration.. You’ll also visit some important archaeological sites, taste Oaxaca’s famous cuisine and meet the colourful locals.
• An intimate group size of no more than 18 guests
• Special exhibitions and displays of traditional Day of the Dead arts and crafts
• Participation in the mystical Day of the Dead celebrations in Oaxaca included
• Private after hours visit to the National Museum of Anthropology
• UNESCO World Heritage listed Oaxaca with its cobbled streets, colonial structures,
and majestic churches
• Sacred sites of Monte Alban and Mitla
• Behind the scenes tour of a Mezcal distillery
• Village pageants and Day of the Dead parades